Friday, July 23, 2010

An ode to Bonnie



Bonnie, because of you I did not have to wake up at 7:00 a.m, I did not have to sit in school for four hours, I did not have to take a final exam, and best of all I got to make delicious Banana Muffins.. wait delicious, moist, peanut butter/cream cheese frosting whole wheat Banana Muffins. My little brother thanks you too Bonnie, since he was able to eat them all day.

I got these muffins from
King Arthur Flour and the peanut butter frosting from Fake Ginger both together made for an amazing midday snack.

I also just want to point out my new linking skills (: impressive


Whole Wheat Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
from: King Arthur Flour:
Ingredients:
1 cup unsalted butter
2 cups granulated sugar
2 large eggs
4 medium mashed bananas
1/3 cup whole wheat flour
2 tsps baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

--Halved the recipe to make 12, also excluded Chocolate chips and walnuts, and included 2 tsps of Cinnamon.
--Splenda, and Benocol butter instead of white sugar, and regular butter
*My little brother needs to be healthy*

Directions:
Cream butter and sugar
Add eggs, banana, and milk
Mix dry ingredients together and add to butter mixture
Bake at 325 for 15-20 minutes

Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Frosting
from Fake Ginger:
Ingredients
6 ounces cream cheese, room temp.
1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup creamy PB
1/2 tsp Vanilla
1/2 cup heavy cream
Directions:
Beat Cream cheese and sugar until fluffy. Add salt and PB,beat to combine.
In another bowl, beat heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Fold cream into peanut-butter mixture, combine thoroughly.

1 comment:

  1. The one good thing about hurricane season: no school/work when a storm is coming! ;)

    I'm glad you enjoyed the frosting recipe! They look delicious!

    ReplyDelete