Friday, July 2, 2010

Friday Night Cookie Madness

This rainy Friday night I found myself with no plans, hungry, and craving cookies. Instead of a usual car ride to buy some ice cream, I made cookies... WOOO! from scratch and may I say they were AMAZING, easy, and happiness fulfilling. Success Success Success. I am proud of my first attempt, I know.. could I have picked something easier.. but I'm just starting out so I took the easy way for now. Ill try and get more creative but for now I wallow in my cookie success.






















I found the recipe from The Pink Peppercorn (I haven;t figured out how to put links on this yet but as soon as I do I will link it.. Sorry)

Ingredients:
3/4 cup butter, softened
1 cup golden yellow/light brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated white sugar
1 egg
1 tbsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1 tbsp cornstarch
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1 cup chocolate chips

1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Thoroughly combine the butter, and the sugars. Add the egg and vanilla until well combined.
3. Add the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. Thoroughly mix. Add the chocolate chips until combined.
4. Using an ice cream scoop, place 8 pieces of dough onto silicone lined baking sheets. Place the sheet into the oven for 4-6 minutes.
5. Remove the pan from the oven and slightly squish the cookies using a spatula. If the dough appears to be too gooey to squish, then place back into the oven for another minute or two.
6. Continue to bake for another 4-6 minutes until the cookies are just barely golden around the edges, and still have a slightly raw appearance in the middle. This will help to keep them soft.
7. Allow the cookies to firm up on the cookie sheets for another couple minutes before removing them to a cooling rack. Allow to cool only briefly before transferring to a sealed container, that is if there are any left of course! Enjoy! And do be kind enough to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment